Friday, September 21, 2007

How about some applesauce?

Ashlyn just started eating baby food a couple of weeks ago. I try not to give my babies fruit too soon so that they'll still like their veggies. She's not wild about rice cereal, but will tolerate it. She loves oatmeal, but since I have a huge box of rice cereal, I decided to get a little crazy and go ahead and mix some applesauce in it and see how she liked it. It didn't go over so well, but I blamed the rice cereal and decided to get REALLY crazy and just give her straight applesauce. I was feeling like a cool mom giving her a special treat and was waiting for my smiles of praise. The rice cereal was NOT the problem. I guess we won't have any issues with fruit taking the place of veggies. Sweet potatoes, please!

She's not crying here. This is just the most disgusted face she could muster! Of course I had to keep shoving it in because I thought it was funny!

1 comment:

Steph Thomas said...

I did the same thing with Matthew and gave him his veggies first. When I finally gave him applesauce he screamed. He absolutely hated it and it took me several weeks and many attempt to finally get him to at least tolerate it. How I have forgotten about the little baby stages already. Good Luck