Saturday, September 29, 2007

Carter's Birthday Celebration

Carter is now three! For his birthday, he wanted to go fishing and to the zoo. So Thursday night, Eric's parents came and we all went fishing, had birthday cake, and opened presents. We had a great time fishing. The boys loved it and they even caught something! Isaac got two catfish and Carter got one. It was so much fun I think we'll try to make an effort to go more often. Friday, on his birthday, we went to the zoo with his buddy Matthew and then he got to go to Nana's and spend the night so that Eric and I can celebrate our anniversary today! Happy 7 yrs to us!








The guys walked away for a second, but I think I got it all under control!


This was the biggest one. The other two were just babies.


Papa and Carter were playing unicorns, but Carter moved his hat up right when we took the picture.

Carter had wanted a fish cake for his birthday because we were going fishing, but then when we decided to go to the zoo, he wanted a zoo cake. He's very thematic! I had a lot of fun making it and I think it turned out pretty good!





His friend, Matthew, has been SOOOO excited to give Carter a knight set for his birthday. After Carter opened it, we found out why. He said, all excited, "Now you don't have to wear my knight stuff, Carter!" Matthew's quite the problem solver!


Carter and Matthew are some pretty serious map readers. They knew just where they wanted us to go!


3 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. That cake turned out SO cute. I made a cake for a girl I visit teach and I just wrote Happy Birthday and some borders and it looked awful. I hope it tasted a lot better then it looked. I need to go take a class. Tell Carter Happy Birthday.

Jen said...

Happy birthday to Carter! It sounds like a fun two days. I love the cake you made! You're amazing! Carter looks so cute in his knight outfit. Wow 7 years...Happy anniversary to the two of you!

Steph Thomas said...

You have inspired me to look into taking a cake decorating class and it will start in December. Amy Martin and Kimberlee are going to take it with me. I think it would be fun to get more. Thanks for showing off your talent.